Our operations at our plant are supported by our safety organization with specialists of various topics, such as occupational safety, rescue services, radiation protection, environmental protection, chemical safety, work hygiene and occupational health. Safety is a key at each step of production, starting with investment planning and recruitment of new employees. During their onboarding, each new employees is trained according to an onboarding plan for the work as well as on safety.
We strive to continuously increase our employees' knowledge of and taking responsibility in the safety matters. We make sure that our employees have up-to-date information on safety with regular trainings and briefings. There are regular safety walks at our plants, which aim at paying even more attention to a safety behaviour of our employees.
We follow our safety performance by measuring our Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate or TRIFR, following the injury rate against one million working hours. In 2021, we reached a TRIFR of 2.0, and our target for 2022 is below 2.0. Please find below information on safety trainings, access passes and essential safety and environment instructions for both Kemi and Tornio operations.
The training below is for all who are coming to work at the Tornio site.
- Read Tornio plant Safety and Environmental training material
- Complete the Tornio Safety and environment training test here
Tornio hot rolling mill
This training is for all who are coming to work at Tornio hot rolling mill.
- Read Tornio hot rolling mill General safety instructions training material
- Complete the test for Tornio hot rolling mill General safety instructions here
Tornio Harbor, Röyttä
This training is for all who are coming to work in Port of Tornio, Röyttä Harbor.
- Read Tornio Harbor Health and Safety training material.
- Complete the test for Tornio Harbor Health and Safety training here.
The training below is for all who are coming to work at Kemi mine (above ground or underground).
- Read Kemi mine Safety and Environmental training material
- Complete the Kemi mine Safety and environment training test here
If you are coming to work underground mine, in addition of training and test above:
- Also read Outokumpu Kemi Mine Underground Safety training material
- Also complete the Kemi mine Underground Safety training test here
Test links are working best with Internet Explorer -browser.
Access passes and safety and environment instructions
Access pass documents and safety and environment instructions are available below. The instructions must be followed during the work at Outokumpu premises.